Thursday 8 August 2013

Java compilation error: cannot find the symbol "this"

Java compilation error: cannot find the symbol "this"

I never compiled the java class before. I am trying to compile a list of
java class with JDK 1.5, I have included all the dependencies in the class
path. I am getting below compilation error.
This is the command line statement used for compilation
javac -target 1.5 -classpath
C:\Users\u3e9\.m2\repository\javax\j2ee\1.4\j2ee-1.4.jar;C:\Users\u3e9\Documents\Cognos10.2.1\axis-1.2.1.jar;C:\SDP\E36P1\jdk\jre\lib\java.util.jar
-bootclasspath C:\SDP\E36P1\jdk\jre\lib\rt.jar -extdirs "" *.java
I am getting lot of these errors
BaseClass.java:426: cannot find symbol
symbol : variable this
location: class com.cognos.developer.schemas.bibus._3.BaseClass
this.usage = usage;
^
Please tell me where I am doing wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment