Friday 13 September 2013

Is there anything like mfactory's mtropolis for web programming?

Is there anything like mfactory's mtropolis for web programming?

I used to author CD's with mTropolis back before I jumped on the web
development bandwagon. Quite frankly, I'm tired of the IBM-esque rattling
off at the keys in a text editor to create online interactive websites; it
just seems so stupid.
Quark bought out mTropolis and unceremoniously killed it shortly after.
Why hasn't such a programming environment been developed? Had you authored
with mTropolis, you'd be wondering this yourself. The current
'instruments' of creating website interactivity is just so 80's. Each IDE
I've seen so far is essentially a super version of notepad.
And, all these great php programmers (as an example) seem to brag about,
'oh, I use notepad in lieu of [enter-name-of-IDE-here]. Seriously, super
lame. Not the claimant, just the fact that that is what is considered the
'gold standard' of web-programming-ability: Notepad.
And, no, I don't want to learn Flash or some other lame adobe product.
Flash is that bastard child of Director, which was only supposed to be an
animation creation package at inception. Yea, because there's nothing like
having to step back into BASIC programming to do graphic UI interfacing.
I suppose I've digressed a bit... a few times. But, the question still
stands.

No comments:

Post a Comment